Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We Heart Jim Dine

 Hope you're all enjoying your snow day.  Everyone loves a day to sleep in right? 

Since it's February and almost Valentine's Day, my second graders made some heart collages inspired by the artist Jim Dine.  He's a Cincinnati native who creates pop art and is still alive and creating art today.  Normally art teachers frown upon kids putting hearts all over their artwork...sometimes the symbol diminshes the beautiful quality of their work.  But with this lesson, I focused on getting the kids to make their hearts in new orignial ways just as Jim Dine does.  We used the bubble wrap printed paper that they made a few weeks ago and lots of other fun papers.  I'll have to take more pictures of the students' work once I'm back at school and not snowed into my house :)

Photo courtesty of superflygallery.com

Photo courtesty of kaya-artgallery.blogspot.com

Photo courtesy of novakart.blogspot.com
Student work



No comments:

Post a Comment